Bloodborne Pathogens Building Access Only (UHS111)
Students, faculty, staff, and visitors who need Bloodborne Pathogens training for building access, but will not engage in work or class work where exposure might occur, must take this course one time before gaining building access. The topics covered in this training will help you reduce your risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens in the workplace.
At the end of this training you will understand:
- What bloodborne pathogens are and where they are found.
- What the dangers of bloodborne pathogens are and how they are spread.
- Which work activities may increase your risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- How using engineering controls, personal protective equipment, and safe work practices reduce your risk of exposure.
- What to do if an exposure incident occurs.
This course replaces:
- UHS100 Bloodborne Pathogens: Introduction