Radiation Safety Orientation
This training is required for all University of Minnesota faculty, staff and students requiring unescorted access to areas where radioactive materials are used or stored. This training module serves as a prerequisite to the Radiation Safety for Radioactive Material Users training. This training is provided by the Department of Radiation Safety.
This module covers:
- what ionizing radiation is and its potential risks;
- how you and others are responsible for radiation safety;
- how to recognize the signs and labels used in facilities designated for the use of radioactive materials;
- who may have access to radioactive materials, and how to secure access;
- how to react if an emergency occurs involving radioactive materials;
- who to contact with questions or concerns about radiation at the University.